Rock & Roll Up Your Sleeve Blood Drive:
99.9 The Hawk & Miller Keystone Blood Center’s Second Blood Drive
On Wednesday, June 27 from 9am to 6pm, The Hawk will hold a marathon blood drive at three Miller Keystone Blood Centers – Valley Center Parkway, Bethlehem, William Penn Highway, Easton, and Cedar Crest Boulevard, Allentown.
99.9 The Hawk will broadcast all day from 9am to 6pm at Miller-Keystone Blood Center’s Bethlehem location (1465 Valley Center Parkway) with free food from 3 Men & A Bagel, Allentown Bethlehem Goose, and 50 Yard Line Pizza Como, hourly prizes, live music and more! Come on out, rock & roll up your sleeve, and give a pint. All donors at our Bethlehem Donor Center will receive, while supplies last: Miller Lite pint glass with a voucher from 50 Yard Line Sports Bar @ Pizza Como (21+ only), or a Pint of Ice Cream from ShopRite (under 21)!
- Miller-Keystone Blood Center has 9 Donor Centers conveniently located throughout the Lehigh Valley, Berks County and beyond, in addition to regular community Blood Drives scheduled throughout the year.
- Mobile blood drives are how Miller-Keystone gets the majority of its blood donations (about 60 percent) and fewer of those are held around the holidays. The center gets about 40 percent of its blood from individual donors – this individual donor is critical at this time of year.
- We often run short of type O, A, B blood, but shortages of ALL TYPES occur during the winter season.
- The entire donation process, from registration to release, will take 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the type of donation. Giving blood or platelets save lives and doesn’t cost a thing – just a bit of time.
- Miller-Keystone Blood Center is an independent, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) community organization established in 1971.
- Miller-Keystone Blood Center is the sole provider of blood products to 22 hospitals in 11 counties throughout PA and NJ.
- Miller-Keystone Blood Center serves approx. 100% of the hospitals and transfusion patients in the Lehigh Valley.
Click here for more info and to register and schedule your donation.
Hourly Prizes & Additional Info
9am – 10am 6-Pack of tickets for Crayola Experience
10am – 11am Round of Golf for 2 at Bethlehem Golf Course
11am – 12pm $25 Dan Schantz Gift Card
12pm – 1pm $25 State Theatre Gift Card
1pm – 2pm Pair of Tickets for Comedian Anthony Jeselnik at the Sands Event Center 8/17
2pm – 3pm Pair of Tickets for Tonic & Vertical Horizon at Musikfest Cafe 7/26
3pm – 4pm $25 Dunderbak’s Gift Certificate
4pm – 5pm $20 Italian Grill Certificate
5pm – 6pm $20 Diner 248 Gift Card/ Dutch Springs 4-Pack
6pm-7pm Stock Car Racing Experience
Grand Prize All donors on June 27th will be entered to win the Grand Prize of:
ShopRite 4th of July Party Picnic Certificate (8 Burgers, 1/2 lb of Cheese, 8 Rolls, 2 lbs. Deli Salad, 8 Ears of Corn, 1 Whole Watermelon, an Apple or Cherry Pie, and A Gallon of SR Tea or a Bottle of Bogle White Wine)
Platelet Prize As an added bonus, all donors who give platelets between Saturday, June 30 and Tuesday, July 3 will be entered to win a 4-Pack of Tickets to the Iron Pigs Game on July 25 at 7:05 PM vs. Gwinnett!
About Miller Keystone Blood Center:
Established in 1971, Miller-Keystone Blood Center is an independent, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) community organization that serves as the only blood provider to 22 hospitals in Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Dauphin, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Northampton, and Schuylkill (PA), and Hunterdon and Warren (NJ) counties; only blood donated through MKBC is transfused at these facilities.
Miller-Keystone Blood Center is not affiliated with the American Red Cross.