Community Services Group (CSG) assists people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and mental health (MH) diagnoses in many ways, including building independent lives and a connection to their community. We have opportunities for those who are new to human services with life experience, a high school diploma or equivalency and those with degrees or a professional license.
As a valued member of the CSG Team, you have the opportunity to pursue meaningful work and impact the lives of countless others. You will be part of a culture that supports staff through superior benefits, professional growth and career opportunities, flexible scheduling and many other ways. We know that our commitment to excellence not only ensures the success of our company, but success for our employees and the individuals we serve. If you’ve been searching for something more, something that fulfills you from the inside out – you may be a perfect fit. As an essential employer, CSG is continuing to hire while following universal precautions and safe practices to minimize risk of COVID-19 to both current and future employees, the individuals we serve, and our community members. We are continuously updating our policies and protocols to support our employees and their lifestyles.
HIRING: Direct Support Professional (DSP)
- Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Allentown, Emmaus & Wind Gap
- Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN Flexible Positions – All Shifts
Direct Support Professionals (DSP) are the Heart and Soul of our IDD Services. They develop relationships with individuals with an intellectual and/or developmental disability in their homes, communities, work settings, or other environments, in order to promote their emotional, physical and personal well-being. In this role, DSPs help individuals reach their goals to be more independent by offering guidance, instruction, and role modeling. DSPs actively search for opportunities for individuals to experience life in their homes and communities as others without disabilities do. DSPs assist individuals in the development of appropriate interaction skills, money management, housekeeping, hygiene, and other skills necessary to reach their highest level of potential. To be successful, DSPs must be flexible, creative and committed to those in our services.
- Willingness to accompany individuals into the community and provide support and assistance in interactions in the community while maintaining sensitivity to the rights and dignity of the individual.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
- Valid driver’s license and the willingness to transport individuals within the community in personal or CSG vehicles, including passenger vans.
- Ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
- Bethlehem & Schnecksville
- Part-Time Positions – 1st Shift
Drivers are responsible for transporting and/or aiding in the transporting of individuals to appointments and programs. They assist individuals in and out of vehicles. Drivers also assist in developing transportation schedules and performing monthly maintenance checks to ensure that vehicles are kept clean and in safe condition.
- At least 18 years of age and 2 years of driving experience.
- A valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Able to drive passenger vans and accompany individuals into the community and provide support and assistance in interactions in the community while maintaining sensitivity to the rights and dignity of the individual.
- The ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.